Re: Start HTTP server powered by Apache

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_RE-MO-VE.BountifulSolutions.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:48:24 +0000

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:29:53 +0100, Frank wrote:

> There's also a hard entry in the menu. It should leave a command window
> ("DOS box") open, but it's likely your httpd.conf is not correct - or the
> Windows service has already been started, causing an error like
> "Address/port is already in use". Check where the menu point to, and run
> it from a pre-opened DOS box - it will show the error

and it defaults to port 7777 if I'm not mistaken, so to see what is working or not, go to your favourite browser (or use Internet Explorer) the try connecting to http://pcname:7777 and see if you get up the default home page.

Once there you can use the mod_plsql configuration link to create a DAD which will allow you to build web enabled applications.

There's a thread in c.d.o.tools on this very subject at the moment.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Delete the obvious bit from my email address to reply by email.