Reading VARCHAR fileds as Integers ...

From: Tinku <anbharga_at_cisco.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2003 16:11:30 -0800

Hi All
I am new to Oracle so pardon
Is it possible to do the following.

I have a table with lots of VARCHAR columns. In this table We put all kinds of data (integers / strings / small ) etc. Now is it possible to define a view on this table such that I can "read" these varchar columns as "integer" or small if they were put in like that.

so what it means is is the value in COL1 (of type varchar) is "4562", I should be able to read it as if the column type was integer and read it into a integer host variable.

Thanks
Ankur Received on Wed Nov 26 2003 - 18:11:30 CST