Re: Instance vs Schema pro/cons

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:13:30 +0100

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:17:58 +0100, Marc Eggenberger <marc.eggenberger_removeME_at_itc.alstom.com> wrote:

>Multiple instances are more independant. So if you need different
>settings (that are instance wide). Or maybe to seperate customers more.

No, they aren't when they run on the same server. And security is not an issue either, as Oracle will allow you to completely separate them. That is, when you don't subscribe to 'I dont' want security issues and give everyone CONNECT, RESOURCE, DBA' policy.

Separation of customers is also not an issue as there is the Virtual Private Database feature.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA