Re: Phone Numbers

From: Richard <qaz1521_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:26:57 -0000

My company had to do a job like this for the phone company in England. I found that the fastest way to process the list data was to extract it from Oracle completely and lock it into a structure in memory that was then processed entirely using C code. This avoided any Oracle overheads like physical reads from disk or the need to parse SQL code.

Are you just looking for a yes or no answer regarding whether a number is on the do-not-call list (e.g. for cleaning the lists of marketing companies)?

It's possible that the code I have could be adapted for your needs. If you'd be willing to supply a small subset of your data, I will check. Please send me an e-mail if you are interested.

Regards,

Richard