select table.* from table

From: Jarmo <jarmo_at_jarmo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:22:46 -0500

I'm using JDBC to update Oracle 9i tables. If I execute "select * from table" then, even though I've requested an updatable resultset, I cannot modify the resultset -- it fails with "Invalid operation for read only resultset".

If, however, I change the query to "select table.* from table" then I *can* modify the resultset.

What is the distinction between these queries that makes one read-only and one writable? Thanks. Received on Tue Nov 25 2003 - 09:22:46 CST