Re: date insertion error

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:08:39 -0500

yousaf,

regarding the date error -- always use explicit date conversion (with the TO_DATE() function) when using string literals to populate oracle date columns. it is very possible that the session setting NLS_DATE_FORMAT will be different in different environments -- either because the DBA sets it differently in different databases or because some other code using the same session issues an ALTER SESSION statement to change it (this is especially a potential problem in web-based apps where sessions are re-used)

regarding the hanging -- not enough details to provide any assistance -- suggest you re-post with more details and a different subject