Backup strategy for Veritas BackupExec

From: Silmar <silmar_at_talex.pl>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:06:18 +0100

Hi,

we are deploying backup system in our company. It's based on BackupExec 9. For backuping Oracle DB we purchased Oracle Agent. Our current strategy consist of following steps:
1. Performing weekly backup of all required tablespaces (including SYSTEM and RBS), Archived Log Files nad Database Control Files. 2. Performing daily backup of Archived Log Files.

Is this strategy correct? Is this enough or there should be some other data backuped (pfile's, etc)?

Regards
Silmar Received on Tue Nov 25 2003 - 02:06:18 CST