Re: AQ on 8.1.7.4.0

From: Ray Teale <ray_at_BLAHholly.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:31:58 +1100

Mike

You cannot dequeue remotely (ie over Net8).

You must create an identical local queue and create that queue as a subscriber to the remote queue.

Then you must set up propagation. See script below which subscribes a queue called XXX_DEST_Q at the dequeue location to one called YYY_SRC_Q at the enqueue location.
No apologies for bugs etc ;-)

_____________________-

prompt  ____________________________________________________
prompt aq_addsub.sql
prompt  ____________________________________________________
prompt
prompt This script will add a remote subscriber to local queues. It should be run by the queue
prompt owner for each subscriber.
prompt The script will also ensure the queues are propogated. prompt This should be run after all queues have been created at the remote location.
prompt
prompt

accept destloc prompt "Enter the three letter prefix for the remote location
(eg SYD'): "

accept destdblink prompt "Enter the db link for the remote location (eg SYDLINK'): "
accept origloc prompt "Enter the three letter prefix for the local location
(eg MEL'): "

DECLARE
   subscriber1 sys.aq$_agent;
   /* Add subscriber to the suscriber list: */ BEGIN
   subscriber1 := sys.aq$_agent('&&destloc', '&&destloc._dest_q@&&destdblink', 0);

        DBMS_AQADM.ADD_SUBSCRIBER(queue_name => '&&origloc._src_q', subscriber => subscriber1);

        DBMS_AQADM.SCHEDULE_PROPAGATION( queue_name =>'&&origloc._src_q' , destination=>'&&destdblink');
END;
/

undefine destloc
undefine destdblink