Re: Case insensitive queries

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:01:38 -0800

JB wrote:

> Mark Townsend wrote:
>

>> New NLS_SORT and NLS_COMP parameters. Note that accent and case
>> insensitivity are supported.
>>
>> ALTER SESSION SET NLS_SORT=generic_m_ai;
>> ALTER SESSION SET NLS_COMP=ansi;
>>
>> SELECT cust_last_name
>> FROM customers
>> WHERE cust_last_name = 'De Niro';
>>
>> CUST_LAST_NAME
>> -----------------------
>> de Niro
>> De Niro
>> dë nirõ
>>

> Now that wasn't that hard. Thanks Mark. Note to the rest of you sexually
> repressed, crusty DBA's ... Instead of bashing users for asking a
> question and slipping in subjective ideological drivel, just answer the
> bloody question, perhaps with some humor.
>
> As they say: just the facts maam, just the facts!
>
> Thanks again Mark!

Catch a clue Mark. 10g is Beta and under NDA: NDA as in NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT. Mark Townsend is a product manager and can do whatever he wishes. We, on the other hand, can't say anything about it without Oracle's permission.

For us to answer wouldn't be hard it would be easy ... it would also subject us to legal action from all of Larry's attorneys.

I think an apology is in order.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu