Re: [SQL*Plus] Delimitting with pipe characters is possible?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_bad_address.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:38:10 GMT

Burt Peltier wrote:

> There was a question ? :)

Original request was 'how to change the default SQL*Plus output to use '|' between fields'. The associated example had no spaces between the data values and the column separator.

Perhaps a silly assumption, but I thought the lack of spaces around the col separator was significant. Not remembering whether colsep suppressed the extra padding, I suggested looking it up. When Mladen bluntly gave the colsep response, I simply asked whether that helps with the spacing (but perhaps should have said column separation padding).

<sigh> Received on Mon Nov 24 2003 - 15:38:10 CST