Re: Clone from hot backup

From: Paul Kline <iapdk_at_admin.drake.edu>
Date: 24 Nov 2003 09:29:47 -0800

Following up on my question and the various responses - Thanks!

Apparently I was confused by the fact that I no longer get the message:
Log applied.
Media recovery complete.

after processing the last log file. Instead I have to cancel the recovery to get:
Media recovery cancelled.

then proceed with:
alter database open resetlogs;

I have performed three clones with this change and feel comfortable that everything is going to be ok.

The basic procedure is to:
Online Backup -

Paul Kline
DBA - Drake University Received on Mon Nov 24 2003 - 11:29:47 CST