Re: Another Oracle "Myth"?

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 03:34:12 GMT

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:38:41 +0100, Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> You probably subscribe to the Burleson school of 'tune by hit ratio's'
> Millsap is advocating you should tune the SQL rather than just
> throwing memory at the problem.

Hey there, Don Burleson has changed his evil ways :). He has completely accepted Cary's and Anjo's arguments. There is no "Burleson school" as opposed to "Millsap's school". I have several of Don Burleson's books (most notably, the "Statspack book") and I find him to be technically very strong and perfectly reasonable author. Furthermore, he has a publishing company (called "Rampant Books") which is publishing some of the most cutting edge books in the field . Don Burleson really is a good guy, despite the fact that I've never met him in person.

--
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
(http://www.despair.com/meetings.html)