Re: Case insensitive queries

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:57:27 +0100

Hans Forbrich schrieb:

> JB wrote:
>

>>How can one set the Oracle database in case insensitive query mode?
>>How can this be done globally(always) as well as per query and per
>>session? All three please!
>>

> (Seems to me the requirement
> for case-insensitivity would be a generated by programmer laziness or
> insufficient user training - not uncommon these days.)

Let's assume a search application with searches for contacts, companies, addresses, products,... You name it.

I think it's a valid requirement, that the user does not need to know how a name, city, etc has been written, and I have been coding around this shortcoming of Oracle for several years now. It's good to hear that Oracle finally can do what the competitors could do for years.

Just my .02€

Thomas Received on Sun Nov 23 2003 - 17:57:27 CST