Re: db cache size in oracle 9ir2

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:13:55 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:3fbfb52b$0$20496$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> "Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message
> news:F3Jvb.22263$aT.12989_at_news-> Hi Howard,
> >
> > There's a bit of a difference between Data Guard and the GUI.
> >
> > We use Data Guard (9.2) but not the GUI.
>

> OK. I"ll stop being lax with words. And maybe we can then get this right.
>
> Here's the Oracle documentation on the matter:
>
> "You must use a server parameter file if you use the Data Guard broker."

Hi Howard,

Not certain on why my current site doesn't use the broker as it was all implemented before I got there although I 'think' it's a combination of reasons: bugs, extra layer of control between DBA, preference for manual control, need for an spfile ... ;)

It's not particularly "brave" as the procedures for a switchover are well documented internally and well practiced. And they work as we've had need to perform such a switchover "for real" on a number of memorable occasions.

Now that you've expanded your comment to mean the DG broker, I now understand where you were coming from.

Cheers

Richard Received on Sun Nov 23 2003 - 04:13:55 CST