Re: DBMS_REPAIR, 8.1.7

From: John Oakes <john_at_networkproductions.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:36:04 GMT

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1069538996.149245_at_yasure...
> John Oakes wrote:
>
> > Object does not exist. Why? What schema should it be located in?
> >
> > <snipped>
> >>
> >>what happens when you log in as sys or system and do
> >>
> >>desc dbms_repair
> >>

> DBMS_REPAIR is owned by SYS and built with the creation of the SYSTEM
> tablespace. If it isn't there ...
>
> SELECT COUNT(*)
> FROM dba_objects
> WHERE object_name = 'DBMS_REPAIR';
>
> Then shut the database down ASAP.
> Log back on as SYS and bring it back up in restricted mode
> Then run catalog.sql and catproc.sql before letting anyone touch anything.
>
> If DBMS_REPAIR is missing one can only wonder at what else may be
> missing too.

Thank you for the information. I was actually logging in as system instead of sys, which is why I couldn't find the object. I ran your query above and it found them, so I knew they had to be there. I logged in a sys and was able to run the procedures. In my own defense, I am a devloper, not a DBA. I just inherited this roll because I am the only one here that knew UNIX after our old DBA left. Again, thanks for the help! I will cross my fingers and see what data I can recover.

-John