Re: rollback segment with no optimal question

From: Anna C. Dent <anacdent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:01:43 -0800

anu wrote:

> Hi,
> I have rollback segment with no optimal set. the rollback tablespace
> has a lot of space. It is a OLTP system with many but small
> transactions. So I expect no shrinking. However for one report that
> runs around 20 minutes we are getting ora-01555 snapshot too old. the
> intial and next are set to 1M which I think is OK for OLTP transaction
> size. There are many rollback segments = 40. So how do I go about
> increasing the size or the number and on what basis? Thank you

What make you conclude the solution is "increasing the size or the number" of rollback segments?

Plz post your code.
What else is running while the report runs. A report (which ONLY reads blocks) in and of itself can NOT generate an ORA-01555 error!
Something external to the report is the real culprit.

go visit http://asktom.oracle.com
search for "ORA-1555" & then read
and learn about this particular error. Received on Sat Nov 22 2003 - 13:01:43 CST