Re: Running Instances on Windoz

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2003 17:30:58 -0800

vslabs_at_onwe.co.za (Billy Verreynne) wrote in message news:<1a75df45.0311202350.4eaf06de_at_posting.google.com>...
> "Robert C" <rchin_at_panix.com> wrote
>
> > Back to Windozland....been away for a while...
> > How can I see what instances are running on Windows ?
>
> By stop calling Windows, Windoze or whatever. Contempt for an
> operating system is exactly how *you* will fail to learn how to use
> the o/s correctly and effectively.
>
> And yeah. I know that Windows is not like Unix. But then it was never
> intended to be like Unix. Professionalism is how well a sysadmin or
> dba deal with such diversity.

Every time I try to treat Windows as a professional platform it treats me with all the love Michael Jackson has for a child. But I don't get any candy or animal rides or millions of dollars.

In fact, Windows has tried very hard to earn my contempt. And if you don't think bg intends it to take over from unix, what part of deepest darkest Africa have you been living in?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.sbsheriff.org/jpg/pio/11200301.jpg