Re: Migrating from Informix to Oracle.

From: Edward Lloyd Hillman <edwardh_at_iamdigex.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:26:30 -0000

In article <c47f56ca.0311201732.2ad24b8_at_posting.google.com>,

        anbharga_at_cisco.com (Tinku) writes:
> Hi
>
> We are trying to migrate a part of our application(on Solaris) from
> Informix to Oracle. Most of the code written is in Informix ESQL/C.
> Now I believe the Oracle equivalent of ESQL/C is Pro*C.
> Can Someone please help me with some pointers as to how we go about
> doing this migartion of code.
>
> regards
> Ankur

I went through this some years ago. (We went from Informix 4 & 5 on SunOS and Solaris to Oracle 7.1 on AIX.) I don't know how applicable this is today, but here are some of the things we had to do.

I know there were others, but I don't recall what they were.

HTH.

--
Ed. H.
Signature?!?  I don't need no stinking signature!!