Re: Bug? Determining lengths of CLOB's in trigger/Oracle 8.1.7

From: Paulo Ferdaz <noreply_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:05:16 -0000

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> insulted another person in message news:adpsrvcfv4b3tpo9j5maf8o58uv4j1bahp_at_4ax.com...

> connecting to a 8i database, and lousy trigger code. You shouldn't
> insert extra records in the table you are firing a trigger on, or you

He isn't. Reread his code.

> I have the strange feeling when you just add an extra number column to
> the table, and manipulate the length column in a before insert
> trigger, as it should have been done in the first place, your

Why should he have done this in the first place? There isn't enough information in his post to determine why he wants to do what he does. There is more than enough information to see things are not working as I would expect and as he has documented. And if as you suggest he does add a new column, and it works, why should it work. You need to explain this.

P.F. Ferdaz.