Re: determine value of password_lock_time

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:29:08 +0100

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:04:06 GMT, "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca.x> wrote:

>But an enduser has no access to dba_ views. user_users does not show the
>profile as dba_users does.
>Should I make a function that can read the dba_ views and then grant execute
>privileges on that function to the users?

I wouldn't even consider granting access to those views as you would use a standard password lock time and make that known to the end-user community. I would also assume (provided many users have their password on notes glued to their monitor, or in drawers in their desk) that locking an account would be an exception.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA