Re: Clone from hot backup

From: rpr <renu_p_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2003 10:45:40 -0800

Hi,

  Even in 8i if you get create a controlfile from trace and do a 'recover database using backup controlfile' it never stops asking for new archive logs. i mean unless you do a os level copy of control file how will it know when to stop.

Did you try what Mark said? I think it should work.

Sybrand : Can you tell what is wrong with this method of making a clone.

Thanks