Re: Clone from hot backup

From: KsDBGuy <arlynsmith_at_cox.net>
Date: 21 Nov 2003 09:29:50 -0800

Nothing improper about cloning this way - and it works in 9i as well - I do it frequently.

You must start the recovery, but can CANCEL at any time and then open resetlogs. I usually don't fool with applying any of the arc logs since our clones do not need to be up-to-the-minute anyway - I just issue the recover database until cancel, then issue the cancel, then open resetlogs.

BTW - you will have to 'add' the tempfile to your temp tablespace (assuming you have one) after you open the clone. The tempfile must exist but you do not have to copy it each time for a clone - any old tempfile of the right size and block structure will do. Just issue the 'alter tablespace temp add tempfile...' command. Received on Fri Nov 21 2003 - 11:29:50 CST