Re: Migrating from Informix to Oracle.

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2003 06:54:40 -0800

anbharga_at_cisco.com (Tinku) wrote in message news:<c47f56ca.0311201732.2ad24b8_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi
>
> We are trying to migrate a part of our application(on Solaris) from
> Informix to Oracle. Most of the code written is in Informix ESQL/C.
> Now I believe the Oracle equivalent of ESQL/C is Pro*C.
> Can Someone please help me with some pointers as to how we go about
> doing this migartion of code.
>
> regards
> Ankur

Pro*C is Oracle's Pre-Compiler. Once you convert/rewrite the code, you will need to use the Pre-compiler first, then compile the resultant file with your C/C++ compiler and then link it. Oracle ships examples in $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc. Check out their make files.

HTH,
Pete's

The opinions I may have stated here are mine and not that of my employer. Received on Fri Nov 21 2003 - 08:54:40 CST