Re: Running Instances on Windoz

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2003 18:35:13 -0800

"Robert C" <rchin_at_panix.com> wrote in message news:<bpiijd$hkb$1_at_reader2.panix.com>...
> Back to Windozland....been away for a while...
> How can I see what instances are running on Windows ?
>
> Thanks
> RC

I'm partial to using pslist.exe from the SysInternals site. Its a good way of tracking memory or cpu usage, as well as providing a PID, in case you need to terminate a process.

Starting an operating service can start an Oracle Instance, but not necessarily.
(e.g. ORA_%ORACLE_SID%_AUTOSTART = FALSE).

There's lots of goodies there in the pstools suite, such as pskill.exe.

psinfo -h -d provides a nice report as to free space, uptime, service pack and applied hotfixes. pipe it to blat.exe and you'll know alot about your servers without logging onto a console.

Most of their utilities are free as in speech (include source), and free as in beer, but read the license there anyways.

hth.

Pd Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 20:35:13 CST