Re: Oracle RAC Monitoring

From: Geomancer <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2003 15:20:44 -0800

mike.beard_at_csfb.com (MikeB) wrote in message news:<f5f16dc7.0311200622.3cb04e4f_at_posting.google.com>...
> We're stepping up from 9i to 9i RAC and wonder what extra monitoring
> people deem necessary to ensure the functional (as opposed to
> performance) health of their RAC systems.

I monitor PCM locks, pinging across cache fusion and lock conversions.

Mike Ault has RAC monitoring scripts in his code depot collection:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/bp/bp_elec_adv_mon_tuning.htm

He also has a good 9i RAC book with a chapter dedicated to RAC monitoring:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/bp/bp_book1_rac.htm

These two sources should avoid having to hire special consultants. Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 17:20:44 CST