TEMP tablespace little problem

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pl>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:25:22 -0000

Hello everyone!.
I'm rarely posting my oracle-troubles here but, but.. I've done some big ugly and nasty thingies to my personal 8.1.7 Oracle Server run on Win2000 Sp4.
I can magage reinstalling everything, but im short of time. One day i noticed that ORA-00600, but it happened when i was starting big sql queries, or was calculating
statistics on huge tables.
I noticed, that my database had always problems when a datafile exeed over 2G size.
Don't know, maybe i screwed something with Win2k instalation or something. I noticed, that TEMP tablespace got datafile over 2,5G so i tried to shrink it.
After succesful resize to 500M, the file associated with tablespace still had 2,5G...
And now what i've done:
I created the 2nd file for that tablespace, putted TEMP offline removed that 2,5G file from file system and end in a mess. TEMP couldn't go online.
I try to set TEMP2 tablespace and will move all users and their temporary tablespace to this TEMP2.
But im wonder if i could restore my orginal TEMP while file temp01.dbf is missing.
Database works fine until i log and try to do any sql statetment :-)

--
Noel