Re: MS-access file on Oracle 9i

From: Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca.x>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:00:19 GMT

Actually, you can connect fom sqlplus to an ODBC datasource. In Oracle 804 (maybe 805/6) Sqlplus was enhanced and made ODBC aware. I've connected from sqlplus straight to a Sybase ASA database using an ODBC connection. But there is no way that you can connect to Oracle + ODBC database at the same time, without using HS.

--
Terry Dykstra
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.