Re: Running Instances on Windoz

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:18:20 +0100

Robert C wrote:
> Back to Windozland....been away for a while...
> How can I see what instances are running on Windows ?
>
> Thanks
> RC

By issuing 'net start' in a command line, the lines with OracleService<SID> are the running instances.

Or if you're more of the 'point and click' persuasion, by looking up the service applet in the control panel. Depending on the windows version which you didn't feel necessary to include, the services applet can be found in Control Panel/Administrative Tools from Windows 2000 on. There you will find all OracleService<SID> entries, whether they are running or not.

HTH Holger Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 09:18:20 CST