Re: Web and Lock...

From: Vijays <srinivasanvijay_2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 21:16:05 -0800

> The problem is
> >connection drops !!!
> Which probably means you also have a lousy network.

Dont tell me that internet connection never drops in this world !!! the ISP connection is not necessarily stable !!!

> I am sure PMON wakes up time to time to clean up
> >these dead processes...but what is that interval time ???
> 20 or 30 seconds, IIRC

I think that is good enough to implement the Oracle Locking...

> How long ???
> >Can we set the interval in which PMON is expected to wake up and clean
> >???
> Guess! It is NOT configurable.

probably 11g versions would incorporate that i guess !!!!

> If i get the answers for these, probably i would look at existing
> >method...Otherwise, i got to implement the soft lock approach as i
> >mentioned above in all the forms...(any better idea)..
>
> Why on earth do you need to implement this method? Is there any reason
> you can't live with the standard Oracle locking?

ofcourse yes if PMON wakes up in above mentioned frequency !!!!

> >Also, if somebody can give me an input of what are the parameters that
> >i have to setup in forms90.properties to make it run fastly and
> >efficiently...is there is something can be done at Jinitator level to
> >make it better !!! any help is highly appreciated..
> >
> The parameter is probably called 'consultant', as crystall balls have
> sold out here, and your question goes beyond anything a voluntary
> group would answer.

Not an issue !! i want some experience from the groups... Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 23:16:05 CST