Re: LogMiner V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS view

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 04:56:46 GMT

"Ron Boggs" <rboggs_at_endian-networks.com> wrote in message news:e53f59be.0311191536.2662fc94_at_posting.google.com...
> 2 questions...
>
> 1) During heavy inserts into a db, I see the following thru log
> miner:
>
> Time Operation Operation_Code Count
> 11:47:13 START 6 59
> 11:47:13 COMMIT 7 59
> 11:47:13 INSERT 1 3339
> 11:47:13 UPDATE 3 300
> 11:47:13 INTERNAL 0 5309
> 11:47:13 UNSUPPORTED 255 54
>
> That scenario is repeated every second. The number of INTERNAL
> operations seems high relative to the number of inserts. But since I
> don't really know what operation=INTERNAL represents, I'm not sure.
> Maybe this is typical. Any insight?

IIRC this is typical. Internal operations probably are referring to the data dictionary operations among other things.

> 2) How the *&*! do I know what OPERATION_CODE represents? I have
> searched the Doc, MetalLink, Internet...this is a well kept secret!
> Anybody have a table of these values?

I'm not sure if it is or where it is documented. However, its quite obvious the operation_code refers to the operation.
And operation can be of types:

internal, ddl, start (start of transaction), commit, rollback, direct insert, lob operation,

insert, update, delete ...........................

HTH Anurag