Re: Index not used therefore rebuild the thing ...

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 11:02:42 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1069192563.394749_at_yasure>...
> Joel Garry wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> > So I think from O's point of view, it makes sense to have front-line support as
> > cheap and voluminous as possible - anyone with a serious problem will
> > make it past the frontline, since they have an emotional/financial
> > investment in getting the problem solved.
> >
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/sun/metro/news_1mi16ebay.html
>
> There's a word for thinking like that: Short-sighted.

Not necessarily. It changes it from a design problem (how do we handle all these newbies who need hand-holding) to a public-relations problem (how do we keep the much smaller population of technically astute happy). Of course, if O doesn't explicitly recognize this and deal with it, looking simply at call-completion percentages (sound like their tuning misinformation ? :-) you are correct.

And unfortunately, I think you are correct.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  I still think the Americans With Disabilities Act
should be applied to the visually impaired: