Re: sqlserver 2000 table access

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 06:38:55 -0800

"Hubert Mayr" <huma1_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:<1069239536.632832_at_news.liwest.at>...
> Hi!
>
> I have oracle 9i and want also in one query access to sqlserver 2000 tables.
> Can I anyway make a link to sqlserver 2000 tables in oracle?
>
> Thanks!

Look at Heterogenous Services, also known as generic connectivity. It requires that you obtain an ODBC driver for the target db for the platform Oracle is installed on. We once thought about using the feature and I had it working from Oracle running on AIX to a SQL Server installation using a driver we obtained from Data Direct.

There are articles on metalink on how to set up the feature. Search under both names above.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 08:38:55 CST