Changing the default schema for a user

From: Thomas Lam <thomaszic_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 00:40:30 -0800

Greetings All,

I have created a oracle instance in ORACLE 9i. I have created a user "admin" and create a lot of tables and object belongs to user "admin". And now, I need to create another user
"operator" who just only can SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE on all
tables of schema "admin".

Therefore, I grant SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE of all objects under "admin" to "operator" and using the following command when
"operator" login:

ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA= admin;

it is successfully the "operator" operate on all tables of "admin" but cannot ALTER tables, but it is very trouble that everyone login as
"operator" needs to ALTER SESSION. Can I change the "operator" login's
default schema as "admin"!?
or is there any other methods to solve my scenario, e.g. synonym (I don't know how to use synonym) !?

Thomas Lam Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 02:40:30 CST