Re: Oracle 9.2 Log Miner Scripts?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2003 15:31:03 -0800

"Charles Davis" <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<8p-dnbfFpuapLCqiRVn-hg_at_comcast.com>...
> However, I believe this example you gave will extract the logs into the
> SYSTEM tablespace, which I do not want. I can not seem to get the
> tablespace spec to work with all the other syntax and so far I can't find
> examples that pull it all together. I may open a TAR on Metalink and ask
> the experts.

Perhaps:
execute DBMS_LOGMNR_D.SET_TABLESPACE ('your tablespace');

> Also, I am eager to get the tablespace spec working because I want to run
> the Log Miner against archived log files for a given time period, and the
> volume of logged info I cope with is huge.
>
> The SAP R/3 database I am most interested in using LogMiner on has 8 ReDo
> groups and each is 1GB is size so, you see, I don't want to flood the SYSTEM
> tablespace. The database itself generates a 1GB archive log about every 15
> minutes now, so you see I need a low-impact LogMiner scripted process that
> can scale up very well into a VLDB such as an SAP R/3 implementation.
> Occasionally I am asked things like "what was going on 8 hours ago?"
>
> If you have actually run your syntax example can you also work in how the
> the tablespace spec can be used to extract the redo logs into a user
> tablespace? I can not devine that info from the docs.

There is a paper on ioug.org by Zoran Jovanovic that is pretty good. You have to specify the logs in the same session you start the logminer session, so the former reads them into the user tablespace, then you can query V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
On the internet, no one knows if you're the government