Re: table move changes rowids?

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:37:25 -0600

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:03:28 -0800, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>Lucyna Witkowska wrote:
>
>> Michael J. Moore <NOhicamelSPAM_at_comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks for the info. I'd hate to imagine the performance problems that could
>>>result if you didn't know you had to rebuild the indexes.
>>

>> Not performance problems but ORA-01502 error!
>> I wonder why 'alter table move' don't rebuild indexes itself.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> LW
>
>Because it doesn't know where you might want them rebuilt or with
>what modifications.

I like the suggestion. I'd guess that if that functionality were given to ALTER TABLE MOVE, the syntax would be expanded to support the index specification. At the very "worst" it could (with no additional syntax) rebuild the index in its current location with its current definition. Received on Tue Nov 18 2003 - 13:37:25 CST