Re: Oracle 9.2 Log Miner Scripts?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 18 Nov 2003 11:09:57 -0800

"Charles Davis" <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net> wrote in message

> Thank you, Mr Rogers, I appreciate your constructive feedback.
>
> I have tried this syntax you suggest, which I've culled from the docs and
> from Metalink examples.
>
> However, I believe this example you gave will extract the logs into the
> SYSTEM tablespace, which I do not want.
>I can not seem to get the
> tablespace spec to work with all the other syntax and so far I can't find
> examples that pull it all together. I may open a TAR on Metalink and ask
> the experts.
>
> Also, I am eager to get the tablespace spec working because I want to run
> the Log Miner against archived log files for a given time period, and the
> volume of logged info I cope with is huge.
>
> The SAP R/3 database I am most interested in using LogMiner on has 8 ReDo
> groups and each is 1GB is size so, you see, I don't want to flood the SYSTEM
> tablespace. The database itself generates a 1GB archive log about every 15
> minutes now, so you see I need a low-impact LogMiner scripted process that
> can scale up very well into a VLDB such as an SAP R/3 implementation.
> Occasionally I am asked things like "what was going on 8 hours ago?"
>
> If you have actually run your syntax example can you also work in how the
> the tablespace spec can be used to extract the redo logs into a user
> tablespace? I can not devine that info from the docs.
>
> Many thanks for your time so far and I appreciate anything additional you
> may have the time to say about this.
>
> Charlie

Not sure entirely what you are referring to with talk of 'the tablespace spec'. Are you talking about the 9i release 2 new feature whereby dbms_logmnr_d.set_tablespace can be used to rebuild all the logminer-related tables into a tablespace of your choice?

Is it that you can't get to work?

I have done that, but I am currently stuck in Canberra, and not at my desk at home, so I can't be of much use for another week or so.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Nov 18 2003 - 13:09:57 CST