Re: how do i know the list of procedure of a package

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:51:51 +0100

"Alkos" <azerty_at_nospam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bpalo0$s51_at_news.rd.francetelecom.fr...

> "@rennes" <l.sass_at_omp-transport.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> bpajue$12t$1_at_s1.read.news.oleane.net...
> > Hello,
> >
> > how do i know the list of function and procedure in a package ?
> > it's in oracle 7
> >
> > i wan't to know that by sql.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Hello,
> This is the query I use under O8i to list package def
>
> select text from all_source t
> where t.name='PKG_ANOMALY' and t.type ='PACKAGE'
> and (upper(t.text) like 'PROCEDURE%' or upper(t.text) like 'FUNCTION%');
>
> it works quite well

... but unfortunately only if the author of the package(s) is formatting his SQL-text
"decently",
and if he e.g. put the name of the procedure into the next line (or some kind of that),
You only know that there is a procedure - but not which one ...

So the query above is good and You should use it as a starting point, but You should never rely on the answer
too much - it could also be a line commented out 8}

And so I personnaly prefer a reverse engineering of the packages as an output text file.
HORA from keeptool.de can do it, and I think there are many other ways, too.

P.S.: I hope that Your packages are not wrapped, because then there is no way.

greetings, Jan Received on Tue Nov 18 2003 - 01:51:51 CST