Re: Essbase vs. Oracle

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:26:21 -0600

On 15 Nov 2003 12:37:08 -0800, cosmini_at_yahoo.com (cosmin ioan) wrote:

>hello all,
>a number of years ago I briefly worked on Essbase (a few months) on a
>dead-end project. Since then, I've moved to greener pastures and
>working exclusively with Oracle.
>
>I've recently come across a new project that 'requires' Essbase.
>I was wondering if anyone could tell me what Essbase does have that
>Oracle does not, I guess, from an OLAP perspective :-)
>
>thx much,
>Cosmin

I've never seen Essbase, so take this for what it's worth . . . but if this project is a purchased app, my guess is the only thing Essbase has that Oracle doesn't is . . . the app vendor's certification.

Our client was once had an app vendor say that their app had to run on SQL-Server because they had found that Oracle's performance was unacceptable with more than five concurrent connections! So much for the vendor's knowledge and expertise! Received on Mon Nov 17 2003 - 08:26:21 CST