Re: Import error between versions

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:18:15 -0000

Thanks for the reply Dave,

> What version and patch level of "exp" did you use to do the export?

8.1.5.0 - the patch to take this to .2 has not been applied as it caused an issue in a test system we can't afford to risk on production.

> What version and patch level of "imp" did you use to do the import in each
> case you mentioned?

For importing into the varios DB versions i used

Stock 8.1.5 no patches on Solaris7 and 8 and this worked fine. Both on the same system and also a newly built 'test' system

8.1.7.1 and 8.1.7.4 on Linux and Windows 2000 - Both same result, segmentation faults.

9.2.0.4 on Linux - Again Segmentation fault.

If i do not specify the FILESIZE parameter in the export syntax i can get it to import into any of the above systems fine.

thanks

Tom Received on Mon Nov 17 2003 - 03:18:15 CST