Re: Installing Oracle 9i Personal Edition - Net Configuration

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 05:52:58 GMT

siu02rk wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am installing Oracle 9I on my personal computer. I have selected to
> install Oracle 9I personal edition. I get to the stage when the
> database gets installed. However when it starts to install the
> optional components I get an error with the first. I cant configure
> the "listener" part of the setup - the installation just 'tries' to
> install it but fails. Why would this be?
>
> Can someone provide a STEP BY STEP GUIDE on installing Oracle 9I.

Actually Oracle provides that step by step guide.

Go to http://otn.oracle.com
Click on the 'Sample Code' icon at the top of the page Click on the 'Oracle by Example' link
Click on the appropriate link (Oracle9i Database Release 9.2.0.2) Click on "Step 1 - Preinstallation tasks' & follow the steps Click on 'Step 2 - Installing the Oracle Database', follow the pictures

Install the Enterprise Edition, not the Personal Edition, if you are learning. This allows you to follow the pictures exactly. Received on Sun Nov 16 2003 - 23:52:58 CST