creating db copy from online backup problems...

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:01:51 GMT

I'm creating a copy of a production database on a different machine from   an online backup and am missing something simple here (I think the combo of doing this over dial-up and screaming kids in the background is getting to me)

I created the directory structures on the target machine, edited the init.ora to reflect any changes, copied datafiles from latest online backup and controlfile copies from the current controlfile backup (not trace) to the target machine etc., created the service with oradim and did a startup mount. The database is idle during the weekend so no redo was archived since the last online backup so I did an alter system switch logfile and copied the log to the archive dest on the target machine. I issued a recover database until cancel using backup controlfile, applied the archived logfile but now I'm getting errors that one of the datafiles for one of the temp tablespaces needs further recovery when I try to open the database with resetlogs.

What am I missing here? Received on Sun Nov 16 2003 - 14:01:51 CST