Re: Does the size of psp scripts impact the performance?

From: Chris <cs123._no_spam__at_telstra.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:15:23 GMT

"Gerhard Möller" <moeller_at_offis.de> wrote in message news:bp28t7$sll_at_news.Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE...
> Hi,
>
> we have to decide whether to put our code into one larger psp (with
> includes, of course), seperated with IF, or to split up the code into
> several smaller pieces. My question now is:
>
> Does the size of a psp have an impact to the performance (not all the code
> gets executed, think of it as a big IF-cascade of smaller programms)? Or
> would it be better to have smaller PSP stand-alone programs? (Obviously
> this includes the question if the PSP programs are cached in the main
> memory or if they get flushed out of the memory after execution...)
>
> --
> Gerhard Moeller, Carl-von-Ossietzky Universitaet Oldenburg
> mailto:moeller_at_offis.de - Tel.: +49-441-9722 122

If your referring to "PLSQL server pages" then the act of loading them into the database using loadpsp will convert them into a PLSQL procedure that wraps the html with htp.print. It's much the same as JSP being converted into a java servlet then loaded.

The loaded psp will not get aged out if it's being hit often enough and your SGA is sized OK.

The size of your PSP is more an issue of readability (maintainability) than anything. Received on Sat Nov 15 2003 - 02:15:23 CST