Re: Auto Startup Shutdown Problem

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2003 16:41:01 -0800

"DOKNIK" <dominiqs_at_o2.co.uk> wrote in message news:<1068636886.744595_at_ernani.logica.co.uk>...
> All,
> I am trying to implement the Oracle auto startup/shutdown scripts on our
> Unix server using the instructions and scripts supplied by Oracle ie
> Oracle Installation guide but this does not seem to work.
>
> I am running HP version (HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 721957645
> unlimited-user license)and Oracle version 9.2.0.3
>
> Please see below a copy of the dbora scriptI am using .I have always
> done this successfully on Solaris, but this is my first time doing this
> on HP, is there anything else i need to do?, Am i missing any steps,
> perhaps the Oracle manual didnt mention?
> I have edited /etc/oratab making all databases to be autostarted or
> autostopped .
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> # cat dbora
> #!/bin/sh
>
> # Set ORA HOME to be equivalent to the $ORACLE HOME
> # from which you wish to execute dbstart and dbshut;
> #
> # Set ORA OWNER to the user id of the owner of the
> # Oracle database in ORA HOME.
> #ORA HOME=/ora8 01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7
> #ORA OWNER=oracle8
>
> export ORA HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.3
> export ORA OWNER=oracle

ORA_HOME and ORA_OWNER perhaps?

I just have /sbin/rc3.d/S900oracle which is a link to /sbin/init.d/oracle which does some stuff like the other hp startup scripts and calls dbstart. The command that you su has to be in double quotes.

        # source the system configuration variables (sets ORACLE to 1 if runable)

        if [ -f /etc/rc.config.d/oracle ] ; then
                . /etc/rc.config.d/oracle
        else
                echo "ERROR: /etc/rc.config.d/oracle defaults file
MISSING"
        fi

        # Check to see if this script is allowed to run...
        if [ "$ORACLE" != 1 ]; then
                rval=2
        else
                su - oracle -c "dbstart"