Migrating from Alpha Vms 6.1 and Oracle 7.0.16.6.0

From: labadie <labadie_g_at_decus.fr>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:04:50 +0100

hello

I plan to migrate an Alpha 2100 from Vms 6.1 to Vms 7.3 I have no problems with that.
The Oracle database is 7.0.16.6.0 and I wonder which version I should go to if I want to be supported.

I was thinking about 9.0.1.0
How should I go for the upgrade path ?
The customer uses Sql Forms 3.0, I was wondering if that was still available with recent oracle versions.

The transport used for Sql Net is decnet Phase IV, and the customer wants to keep it. Is it still available with recent Oracle versions ?

As the customer has up to 30 users, any idea about the cost of the licence/CD/documentation ?

thanks for any hint.

Gerard Received on Fri Nov 14 2003 - 14:04:50 CST