Re: Deleting obsolete datafiles

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2003 05:27:07 -0800

Dennis Bieling <dennis.bieling_at_epigenomics.com> wrote in message news:<bp21ke$iht$1_at_broglie.epigenomics.epi>...
> Hi!
>
> I wonder if there is a way to drop an obsolete datafile,
> without doing an export of the entire tablespace, delete the tablespace,
> recreate the tablespace and import the data again.
>
> Best regards
> Dennis

Dennis, if the datafile that you wish to eliminate from the database is assigned to a tablespace that has other files associated with it then the answer is no. There is no way to eliminate the one datafile without affecting the status of the tablespace such that you end up having to recover or recreate it.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Nov 14 2003 - 07:27:07 CST