Re: About Oracle Error Message

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:19:27 +1100

"Roberto Leo" <roberto.leo_at_exm.it> wrote in message news:bp27g3$b0o$1_at_newsread.albacom.net...
> Intermedia Text when I try to execute the following instruction says me:
>
> DRG-11208: ORACLE_HOME is not set
>
> What does it mean ? What Have I to do to set Oracle home ? Environment
> Variable ? Init.ora file ? I don't understand........
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Roberto.

It's an environment variable. On Unix, you'd set it at the command prompt by typing "export ORACLE_HOME=/some/path", and in Windows you'd do "set ORACLE_HOME=\some\path".

It gets a bit trickier on Windows in that you can also set that by means of a registry entry, or via the Control Panel... but you didn't mention an operating system, so it's a bit difficult to give you more precise help.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Nov 14 2003 - 04:19:27 CST