archivelog and missing Oracle Data Guard

From: mp <midge_at_wp.pl>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:21:26 +0100

Hello,

I have problem with enabling archivelog mode in Oracle 9i database. When I am trying to enter archivelog mode (with stanadard: startup mount exclusive; archive log start;) I got Oracle Data Guard is not available in this edition of Oracle. I do not want Oracle Data Guard (in Oracle 9i   SE it's not available). I want to put my archivelogs on local machine.

I have standard archivelog parameters:

LOG_ARCHIVE_START=TRUE
log_archive_dest=/u02/oradata/arch/
log_archive_format = "archT%TS%S.arc"

I haven't set any of log_archive_dest_n. Any ideas? How to switch Oracle Data Gurad usage off?

Regards,
Mirek Received on Fri Nov 14 2003 - 02:21:26 CST