Re: Oracle 9i on Windows 2003 ??

From: <alcesteatxmissiondot_at_com.or.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 06:18:37 +0000 (UTC)

Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
>> Anybody have any practical experience with Oracle 9i on Windows 2003?

Yes. Dell 6650 with 16GB RAM. Works just fine. I haven't benchmarked it but since the server is such completely overkill for what it's doing there may be little point. We did run into installation difficulties with the combination of our Antivirus software, 2003, and Oracle that we didn't have on 2000, but that's probably more to do with 2003/McAfee than with Oracle-- oracle just got the brunt of it because that's what was on the box.

Jer Smith
Anagnosis Consulting Received on Fri Nov 14 2003 - 00:18:37 CST