Re: howto drop a corrupt database ?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:36:09 +1100

"Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message news:91884734.0311131344.7434b523_at_posting.google.com...
> > But an apology is in order to Daniel, since I believe him when he says
it's
> > not him to blame but (as you point out) my newsreader is.
>
> Apologies 2U, now that I see other posts saying he did in the past.
> But really, wouldn't the correct response be a polite email to the
> html poster? Maybe a gentle reminder pointing out how to set a
> particular newsreader not to write html in a followup to a specific
> offending post, so others can avoid a similar mistake.

I did include a polite-er request in another post somewhere. Saw no response (that could be Outlook again, though!), so thought another go somewhere where he wouldn't miss it was in order.

> > So, to Daniel: sorry for the false accusation.
> >
> > Anyway: if in future, you see "=========" in my replies, that's what's
> > happening.
>
> Gawd, that's worse. Understand now why the MS crowd top-posts? NOT
> that I'm advocating it, it just explains a lot. And what was with
> Anurag's post in this thread, I could barely decipher it?
>
> Can't you go into Tools --> Options --> E-Mail Options --> When
> Replying To A Message --> Prefix Each Line Of Original Message and set
> the Prefix each line with: to > ?

Well, you might notice that's what is already set for my posts. It's the default setting for Outlook news reader. But HTML posts are indented with graphical vertical lines as the message separators. And when you convert an HTML post into plain text those vertical lines are lost, everything gets left-justified, and the thread hierarchy is lost.

Regards
HJR