Re: Oracle 9.2 Log Miner Scripts?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:27:55 +1100

"Charles Davis" <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:pf6dnUSjWvr_qymiRVn-vw_at_comcast.com...
> So, as the poster of the original question......let me repeat the original
> question.....
>
> ...do either of you have a Log Miner script to post or not?
> > Senior Oracle DBA

Right, Charles.

I don't have a script. Sorry.

I only got involved in this thread to correct an egregious mis-statement of facts by another poster. Sorry your question got hijacked in the process. Sometimes it happens.

The individual steps are not difficult, but I think you said that when you first posted. It's putting them altogether that's going to be difficult, and particularly depending on what you have in mind for this process. For a start, will you be capturing the logs regularly (at, say, every log switch) or is it just an ad hoc thing when a problem arises?

Why not post back with a little more detail about you envisage using this process? And now that the question has been re-asked, maybe someone who actually knows something about Log Miner will reply this time.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Nov 13 2003 - 20:27:55 CST